New to Yoga?
I am honoured to introduce you to the life-enhancing practices of yoga!
The various techniques of Yoga are experiential and transformational practices that can be done by people of any age and physical ability. If you are experiencing pain or you’re unsure of what the teacher is proposing to the class, please let the teacher know and don’t hesitate to ask questions – it can take time to get familiar with the practice. Pain is always a sign to stop what you’re doing, whereas there might be some discomfort in the beginning as tense muscles loosen up. Your breath should remain regular throughout the practice, although your heart rate might increase somewhat during the postural or breathing exercises, depending upon your current physical condition.
Here are some helpful tips to make the most of each yoga session:
- As a courtesy, and to avoid a cancellation fee, please notify Susan at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot be there. This allows the appointment to be offered to someone else.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal 2 to 3 hours before practicing – an empty stomach is best.
- Arrive five minutes early to settle in for your class or private session.
- Punctuality allows us to take full advantage of your scheduled appointment. Individual sessions begin at the appointed time – late arrival means less session time.
- Please remove your footwear at the entrance.
- Switch off your mobile device to cultivate a calm & peaceful space in the session and in your mind!
- Inform Susan if you are experiencing any limitations or injuries to ensure you have a safe and healing practice.
- Avoid wearing perfume or cologne, as this supports healthy breathing.
- Drink before and after the class – water is always provided!
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in – yoga postures are best practiced with bare feet.
- Treat yourself with patience and kindness as you discover yourself through yoga.