New to Yoga?
Welcome to Inspiration Yoga Centre – we’re honoured to introduce you to the life-enhancing practices of yoga!
The various techniques of Yoga are experiential and transformative practices that can be done by people of any age and physical ability. If you are experiencing pain or you’re unsure of what the teacher is proposing to the class, please let the teacher know and don’t hesitate to ask questions – it can take time to get familiar with the practice. Pain is always a sign to stop what you’re doing, whereas there might be some discomfort in the beginning as tense muscles loosen up. Your breath should remain regular throughout the practice, although your heart rate might increase somewhat during the postural or breathing exercises, depending upon your current physical condition.
A small changing space is available, and if you don’t have your own yoga mat, you are welcome to use one of ours.
- Here are some helpful tips to make the most of each session:
- As a courtesy, please pre-register for your class by contacting the teacher concerned.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal 2 to 3 hours before practicing – an empty stomach is best.
- Arrive five to ten minutes early to settle in for each class – if you arrive too early please refrain from ringing the doorbell. You might like to enjoy mindful breathing while waiting, so as not to disturb any ongoing activities.
- Punctuality shows kindness to everyone – please endeavour to arrive in the studio before the start of class, allowing all students to savour quiet time for meditation and reflection without disruption.
- Individual sessions begin at the appointed time – late arrival means less session time.
- Please remove your footwear at the entrance to the studio.
- Switch off your mobile device to cultivate a calm and peaceful space in the studio and in your mind!
- Inform your teacher before the class if you are experiencing any limitations or injuries to ensure you have a safe and healing practice.
- Avoid wearing perfume or cologne, as others may have allergic reactions to fragrances.
- Drink before and after the class – water is always provided!
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in – yoga postures are best practiced with bare feet.
- Treat yourself with patience and kindness as you discover yourself through yoga.